For bookings and enquiries contact:
User Booking Form OR contact:
Phone: 09 827 4325 (between 7pm – 9pm)
Fax: 09 827 4329
Email: Booking Officer
Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received. Non member bookings are welcome.
ATC SnowSports Lodge – Rates per night:
|Summer Rates||Winter Rates|
(1 Nov to 30 Jun)
(1 Jul to 31 Oct)
|Non-Member Under 18:||$11.00||$40.00|
|Child Under 14:||$11.00||$24.00|
|Child Under 5:||$7.00||$7.00|
Food is charged at $10.00 per day and is included in the Winter Rates.
Food is free for Under 5’s..
$10.00 per day should be added to the Summer Rates if food is required.
In Winter, groups of 15 or more may request a non-catered rate.
Schools and groups:
- Special rates are available for groups. Make enquiries with the booking officer
- Enquiries for winter group bookings should submitted by the end of May each year, and are accepted at the discretion of the clubs’ committee.
- Cancellations must be notified to the booking officer 48 hours before trip departure. A full refund will be received.
- Refunds or cancellations within 48 hours of trips departure must be made in writing to the committee within 7 days with the reason for the cancellation. Refunds are at the discretion of the committee.
- Once trips have started no refunds will be given unless ATC SnowSports Lodge or the mountain need to be evacuated.
Tongariro National Park
- Tongariro National Park in both summer and winter can be an unforgiving place and suitable clothing and equipment should be carried at all times.
- Take cell phones but remember they are not always able to get reception and should only be part of your overall safety equipment carried.
- For your vehicle, you may require snow chains, a shovel for heavy snowfalls, and ensure antifreeze levels are up to manufacturer’s specifications for alpine conditions.
- When leaving the hut for your day on the mountain, write your intentions for the day and an approximate return time on the Lodge intentions board, even if you are leaving the Whakapapa side on a day trip e.g. to Turoa, Ohakune etc.
- Leave a contact cell number if you have one.
- Have a safety plan, places to meet, way back to the lodge or transport, map, compass and adequate warm clothing. Be prepared.
More information about what’s happening at Mt Ruapehu can be found at www.mtruapehu.com